Monday, March 9, 2015



Our class has been doing a poetry unit in school. During this class we learned how to write different types of poems, such as haikus which are poems with 17 or less syllables. Each of us chose our 2 favorite poems:

Summer Fields: A Haiku


In the green grass fields

Staring up at the clouds

Plants already bloomed



By the Square House


Twisting and turning,

wrinkled and old

Its arms reach so high


Throwing sticks,

getting caught in its grasp

trying to get down


A sweet, elderly woman,

who owned the square house

left to unbeknownst land


My friend and I would spend all day,

playing games around its stump

losing track of time


But then there was a new family,

who owned the square house

came from unbeknownst land


One day,

we went out to play

but found only a stump


Our beloved tree was gone


Then we moved on,

left the memories behind

and continued forward


The friend I knew that held the same memories,

flew to an far away land,

where lions sleep, in the desert array


I wondered and walked,

in a swirling daze

and found myself back at the stump


I sat down on the former tree,

and put my head in my knees

No comments:

Post a Comment